Saturday, August 22, 2009

In Church Tomorrow, Remember DJ

One of my favorite players, DJ Shockley needs our help.  Last night was not a good night for the former Dawg. His talents were not demonstrated. Perhaps it was nerves, I don't know, but a roster spot is on the line with regard to his competition with John parker Wilson. As Mama an Mema always said, "the only thing you can do is turn it over to God."

As surprising as it may be, that is what I am doing. I pray DJ will get his shot to fulfill his God given potential. I hope you will do the same.

PS. Please forgive me Lord, I try not to be drunk in public, but sometimes I fail. Stay strong little brother and do not do as I have done! Amen.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I thought the Falcon first teamers didn't much to help DJ. He deserves better.

The Watch Dawg said...

I think it was fairly evident to viewers and the coaches that the lack of good numbers wasn't as much DJ's fault as it was the 1st teamers for letting him down. DJ played pretty well, save for perhaps one ill-advised throw, that fortunately was not picked off. The 1 INT he did throw was Marty Booker's fault.