Saturday, August 15, 2009

Was it Love of School or Lack of Love from NFL?

Remember the drama:
QB Tim Tebow to bypass draft, remain at Florida - ESPN
"Oh, by the way, let's do it again. I'm coming back," Tebow said.

Tebow thrilled more than 40,000 at the school's national championship celebration Sunday by announcing plans to return for his senior season, with hopes of leading the Gators to their first undefeated season and fourth national title.

"Overall, I just felt loyal to this place," Tebow said. "I feel like I'm a role model, and a lot of times people start things and don't finish them. I didn't want to be like that. I wanted to be loyal to the university. I wanted to finish what I started and play another year."
The real reason:
Gators QB Tebow getting a tuneup, not an overhaul | Jacksonville.com
His release was more three-quarters and sidearm than over the top, and he had a bit of a windup. Tebow also played nearly exclusively out of the shotgun at Nease High School and Florida, so there was some question about whether he'd be able to take snaps under center.

Those were some of the issues that arose among NFL Draft analysts and scouts when Tebow was considering leaving UF early, and that's partly why Meyer hired Loeffler, who tutored several eventual NFL quarterbacks at Michigan - including Tom Brady - and spent the 2008 season as the quarterbacks coach with the Detroit Lions.


No comments: