Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Curles Gives the World Wide Leader his Mea Culpa

Sec football is beginning to remind me of an old satire movie :Weapons of Mass Distraction. ESPN.com assigns an "investigative reporter" to handle the public relations mess it just bought.

He's human. He has kids. He feels terrible. Blah, blah, blah.

A real story would be the trend of bad calls breaking towards the league's interests.

Please read it for your self.Marc Curles, the Southeastern Conference referee who made a controversial call in the Arkansas-Florida game, apologizes for his mistake - ESPN
"If people could just understand there is a human element to it. Hey, I am trying my dead-level best. I am getting e-mail from folks accusing me of being on the take, all this kind of thing. We are absolutely trying to get it perfect every time. And nobody feels worse than we do when it doesn't happen."


1 comment:

UGA69Dawg said...

Spoken like an ahole trying to save his job.